Adventure Scouts USA Mission
Our mission is:
We shall provide the leadership to support the growth and character development of our co-ed membership and the greater community. We shall accomplish this by providing contemporary skill-oriented activities that enrich the individuals on a non-discriminatory basis. We put principles of mutual respect into practice through FUN social activities, enhance character instilled by parents, personal achievement, learning by doing, and related educational programs promoting good character in our members.
Adventure Scouts USA is Committed To:
· Promoting strong families and strengthening family values
· Encouraging the skill of fostering friendship
· Instilling respect for the diversity of others in our Scouts and our membership.
· Instilling the skill of leadership in all of our Scouts and our membership
· Instilling true proficiency in outdoor skill
· Instilling a sense of purpose in life through service to others
· Encouraging our Scouts to achieve and excel, to the best of their ability
· Encouraging Scouts to live up to their Motto and always Give Their Best
· Improving the communities in which we live.
· Protecting, nurturing, and encouraging responsible use of our natural resources
· Enhancing loyalty and trust within our Communities
· Developing responsible citizenship
· Increasing within society the value that “Character Counts!”
· Enhancing everyday living with an appreciation for the wonder and awe of life
· Creating personal achievement programs that encourage creative and critical thinking and problem solving while providing an introduction to the local community, vocational choices and a broad range of personal interests which are relevant to our Scouts
· Choice in our Scouts Programs and
· The highest level of service to our members
· Having FUN
Adventure Scouts USA Provides:
· A safe environment in for all
· An environment in which diversity is welcome
· An opportunity for our Scouts to achieve true proficiency in first aid
· An opportunity for our Scouts to achieve true proficiency in outdoor skills
· An environment in which we actively encourage, evaluate, acknowledge and appreciate all suggestions from our Scouts, members, parents, sponsors, volunteers, and others
· Equal opportunity access to our Scout Programs for all Scouts, members, and volunteers
· Our Scouts with the opportunity to develop physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually
· The opportunity for our Scouts to enhance character in themselves and others
· The opportunity to develop creative and critical thinking skills
· The opportunity to develop leadership skills.
Adventure Scouts USA Expects:
· Our Scouts to have FUN!
· Our Scouts to live their lives by our Scout Motto and always Give Their Best
· Our Scouts to live and lead their life by our Scout Code and Scout Promise
· Our Scouts, members, volunteers, and employees to act in accordance with our policy of nondiscrimination and the Adventure Scouts USA Scout Spirit of Inclusion
· All participants, at all times, to conduct themselves in accordance with the principles of the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA
Adventure Scouts USA Values:
The Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA are non-political and non-discriminatory. Membership in the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA is open to all who accept our principles as reflected in the Adventure Scouts USA Scout Promises, Scout Code, Scout Spirit and Scout Motto and are of good will. We consider these guides a moral compass for our Scouts to live by.
Adventure Scouts USA believe there should be absolute certainty regarding our membership policies and our policy of inclusion and nondiscrimination. Every Scout is educated about our position so that they may be comfortable, understanding and appreciative of the Scout Code of Adventure Scouts USA.
We are a nationwide American Scout Program. We charter local teams of the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA to provide our Scout Programs to all who wish to participate on a fully nondiscriminatory basis. The Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA are not affiliated with any of the other American Scout Programs and, in fact, each team is independent from any of the others. That said, we are brothers and sisters to other Scout Programs or Scout Organizations and encourage greater participation in the Scout Movement.
The Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA believes a motivating force in one’s life is a belief in something greater than oneself. Our Scout Programs make no attempt to interpret or define a spiritual approach to life. Rather, we ask our Scouts and Members to establish for themselves the nature of their own worldview. Specific religious or denominational affiliation is not a requirement of membership in the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA.
Ours is an educational program designed to help our Scouts live their lives as Scouts, according to the principles of the Adventure Scouts USA and the global Scout Movement. Our modern programs have been designed to evolve. Our Scouts choose, organize, and lead their meetings, programs, and activities. Participation encourages the Scouts to develop their values and leadership skills and to develop personally. Our Scout Programs are co-ed, making it easy for parents; rather than running all over the town, the entire family can participate in our Scout Programs.
The Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA believe that opportunities should be equal and earned, and the measure of an individual ought to be their talent, ability and the content of their character.
The Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA respect the values and beliefs of each of its members and encourages all to be themselves, yet still maintains high standards with regard to the appropriate conduct of all its members. We do not permit the advocacy or promotion of any aspirations and principles other than those of the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA.
Participation in the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA is a privilege. We expect all participants, at all times, to conduct themselves in accordance with the principles of the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA. Harassment, hazing or abuse of any kind is not tolerated under any circumstances.
For over 90 years, the global Scout Movement has contributed valuable ways of living ones’ life and leading one’s life. The Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA are proud to play our part in continuing the time-honored tradition of the Scout Movement.
A pillar of the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA are our acceptance of differences. We believe the equal and ethical treatment of all people is a primary component of good character. We instill these values through the use of learning by doing experiential activities. We promote strong families and strengthen family values; we promote the development of strong bonds of friendship. The Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA believes that living one’s life with good character counts.
Adventure Scouts USA Scout Program Promises:
Rising Star Scout Promise (5 to 10 year old Scouts)
As a Rising Star Scout I love my family and my friends, our community and country too. I wonder about it all, stand tall and true, and I Give my Best in all I do.
North Star Scout Promise (11 to 18 year old Scouts)
We are united in our common interests and by bond in our hopes and dreams. I am unique, responsible for my life physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually. I will live a life of purpose and by the Scout Code. I value family, friends, community, and will honor my country.
The Adventure Scouts USA Scout Code
An Adventure Scouts USA Scout is:
A Good Person;
A Responsible Citizen;
A Good Friend and Brother or Sister to all Other Scouts;
Honest and Respectful;
Responsible and Caring;
Loyal and Ready to Help.
The Adventure Scouts USA Scout SpiritInclusion: The Scouts of the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA seek to find the best in themselves and others. Our Scouts recognize every individual person is unique and value each person’s individual character. By aspiring to find the good in everyone, and by acting in complete equality, Scouts in the Scout Programs of Adventure Scouts USA live by the American spirit.
The Adventure Scouts USA Scout Motto
“Give Your Best!”
The Adventure Scouts USA Vision
We are committed to providing the highest level of member service of any organization or program in the United States. We will be the benchmark for all member service oriented organizations and programs. We have created democratic, fully nondiscriminatory Scout Programs which allow our Scouts an unprecedented level of choice to develop responsibility, good character, creative and critical thinking skills, and to live a life of purpose.
We instill in our Scouts a desire to improve life-long, to help others, and a belief in something greater than oneself.